Icecast

Francis X. Maier yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Jun 13 09:03:00 2004

Brian,

I have it running as a broadcast server on my iMac 350 with YDL 3.0.1.
I tried running running playlists from xmms-liveice and MuSE on the
same machine (i.e., xmms-liveice to icecast to net), but I couldn't
make that work.

I now use playlists in iTunes with Nicecast on my G5, which sends to
icecast on my iMac, which sends to net.  Not elegant, but it works just
fine.

Unless you're happy with a very modest built-in icecast http serving
ability, you need another program plus icecast, especially to "live
stream", as far as I can tell.

Fran