How Much HD Space for Linux?

Andrew yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jun 15 12:49:01 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-15 at 00:40, Ed Sutherland wrote:

I'll share my setup with you. I've installed *everything*, on two disks:

hdc7 - 1.0 GB	/	431.0 MB free
hdc8 - 1.9 GB	/home	801.3 MB free
sda6 - 7.7 GB	/usr	2.2 GB free
SWAP - 640 MB on sda7

/home hold 1001.2 MB worth of files I downloaded off the net. Most of
them (only the best-of, indeed) are now sleeping on a JAZ disk. I also
installed a couple programs like Firefox, Thunderbird, Blender, wings,
rkhunter, several add-ons from kde-look.org and a couple window
managers(*). Nothing is very heavy, yet. I know most files go in /usr.
This is where you need lots of room.

-Andrew