How Much HD Space for Linux?

Andrew yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jun 15 17:49:01 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-15 at 16:40, mascarasnake wrote:
> Hey Andrew,
>
> Andrew wrote:
>
> >>Theoretically tho, I don't see how not having KDE would break CUPS.
> >>Again I know less than next to nothing on the subject of printing in Linux.
> >

> > just ask yum to remove gaim.... watch out for the dependencies
> > avalanche! It chocked and amazed me when I tried!!
> >
> > -Andrew
>
> I just ran that and, with the exception of downloading new headers, yum
> just asked if I wanted to remove gaim. What did yum ask to remove for
> you? I'm really interested as I'm trying to put together some yum stuff
> for the FAQ site

oh my mind!! I typed 'gaim' as I really wanted to type 'gimp'. I typed
too fast, once again. I will go sit in a corner for the next hour ;)

(...)

ok, <yum erase *gimp*> want to remove gnucash, evolution, gtkhtml and
several others as dependencies. It look weird to me since <yum erase
gimp> (without the two *) will NOT go crazy about dependencies.

That's it folks

-Andrew