I'm Stuck

Walt Pawley yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jun 15 21:36:00 2004

On 6/10/04 12:14 PM -0400, Arch and Cath wrote on I'm Stuck

>My computer is a Beige G3 w Version 3 motherboard ...
>
>It seems to me that when I had 2.3 in a couple of years ago, I could use my
>ZIP to bring stuff back and forth between linux and MacOS.

Arch,

Is the Zip a SCSI Zip or ATA? If it's SCSI, you might try stripping all the
other SCSI stuff off the system and doing a hand selected, cut down,
CLI-only YDL install to the Zip. This would give you a bit more tools to
play with to solve the other problems, perhaps.

Alternatively, if the Zip is indeed a SCSI Zip, perhaps removing it before
doing the YDL install to the SCSI hard disk would be of some value. I've
seen rumors of two drive confusion - though I have to admit the only
confusion I've seen is that if you put two drives on the installation
requires you to "see" both drives for the partitioning activity even if you
tell it you only want to install on one. At least, that's what it's done
while installing on a 6100.

--
Walter M. Pawley <walt@wump.org>
Wump Research & Company