[OT] Yum and other internet cr@p

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jun 16 10:08:01 2004

Norberto:

Norberto Quintanar wrote:
> Yesterday, Yahoo! decided to "upgrade" my email. 100mbs
> of searchable email is pretty sweet, but they switched
> to a CSS interface. At work it doesn't bother me, but
> now Konqueror at home - YDL box - sees nothing but
> jumbled characters. Ahhh, the joys of upgrades.

MacFixIt has an article on the many people who are having issues with
the new Yahoo interface on Mac OS X's Safari and in other browsers (they
also note that the problems are not universal). MacFixIt speculates that
the problems are due to Javascript incompatibilities:

<http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?story=20040616034749301>

This might give you some hints as to your original problem, if not with
your yum issues.

Good luck!

Best wishes,
Clint