New Apple PB15'' supported?

Reiner Klenk yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jun 18 10:10:01 2004

You should at least see the console  when booting the newly installed
system, at least I did (Don't have the video ram extension, though).
Maybe try to pass the parameter init 3 when booting so that the system
doesn't start X which will not work out of the box.

My experience with X so far:

stay with the installed versions of kernel and XFree and change
XF86Config to use the fbdev driver. Works fine but doesn't provide
hardware 3D or xv ports.

or:

update X to latest snapshot (from sources) plus recent 2.6.X kernel.
Then you can use the radeon driver. Still no hardware 3d, but at least
you get a useable xv port for video overlay.

In case you are wondering about the sluggish behaviour in Linux, the CPU
is running at half speed even with the latest (vanilla) kernels (only
650 Bogomips on my system).

Regards,
Reiner