Can't boot to Linux after PRAM Zap

Olaf Olson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Jun 20 18:57:00 2004

Life was too boring. Everything was working, so I decided to upgrade the
Mac OS on my G3 350 B&W, to Mac OSX 10.2.8. So it could fail. YDL was
still there, right.

After the install reboot, I couldn't move the cursor. The Mac refused to
recognize my mouse. It even refused to recognize the original Hockey
Puck. On the advice of a "Mac Expert", I zapped the PRAM. Now it only
boots to Mac OSX and STILL the mouse doesn't work.

Can anyone direct me to the fix, so I can reboot and go to Linux? Once
there, I can always reinstall OSX 10.2 and upgrade it gently, once again.

I tried to search the archives, but I don't know what to look for. I
also thought I'd try the FAQ, but I can't recall the address and my
bookmarks are on the inaccessible Mac. I am forced to use webmail on

Please help

Olaf