Can't boot to Linux after PRAM Zap - More Info

bruce woller yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Jun 20 22:03:01 2004

Olaf:

Sorry about the confusion.  I was just trying to give you a general
direction to overcome the immediate problem - not an exact command to
execute.    These commands work on my computer which does have a SCSI
card etc.  The command you should use will be very specific to the
computer you are working on.  So I think you have a single ATA disk in
your system (mine has two SCSI and one ATA).
>> Since I am not using an Adaptec 2940U2B adapter, at SCSI address 4, I
>> would use the path to the ATA card, instead. Correct?
Yes
  The open firmware command for your system would be 'boot
hd:8,\\yaboot' if your bootstrap partition is on partition 8.  If it is
not you will get the message  saying OF cannot open yaboot.  You could
try various partitions starting at 2 going up to ??? to see which one
works.

>> PS. How do I get a partition map, from the OSX side?

sudo pdisk /dev/rdisk0 -dump

Good Luck,
Bruce