Flash for YDL

Sander Nagtegaal yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jun 21 14:13:01 2004

Uh , most of it is nice to know for programmers........
Make just means that you compile the code ( you make machine understandable
code from a text like file ). It's not important to know how.....important is
that you can use it.

> --- Jason Warm <> wrote:
> > Blessed be he that can Google better then I.  Been searching for
> > over a
> > week now looking for SOMETHING that will let me view Flash site.
> > Now when
> > i follow those compile instructions and remove Kflash, I still get
> > an
> > error when I try to build it.  Being a somewhat newbie myself this
> > is
> > where I turn to the group and ask....."Can anyone tell me what the
> > heck
> > this actually MEANS?"
> >
> > make[1]: `libz.a' is up to date.
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jwarm/download/flash-0.4.10/Zlib'
> > make[1]: Entering directory `/home/jwarm/download/flash-0.4.10/Lib'
> > g++ -O3 -Wall -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -I../Jpeg -I../Zlib  -c -o
> > shape.o
> > shape.cc
> > shape.cc: In function `void flushPaths(ShapeParser*)':
> > shape.cc:311: `sqrt' undeclared (first use this function)
> > shape.cc:311: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for
> > each
> >    function it appears in.)

That means that they didn't declare the identifier "sgrt" yet. That means they
didn't gave it a parameter. Something like sgrt = 1 will give sgrt the value
one. Do not care about this though.........it's just some errors the
programmers made ( or not ) and not important for you.

> > Thanks again all for your help, you beat the nasty explicitive out
> > of the
> > Gentoo mail lists.
> >
> > Jason

You should see the gentoo people on IRC. They give me the best help ever!
Totally beaten the yellowdog people on IRC. However this is indeed a nice
mailinglist.