WINE for PPC

Michael Jeffrey Tucker yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jun 22 09:54:01 2004

Hi Jason -

  I don't think that it will be possible to get WINE to compile for YDL.
If I recall correctly, WINE has no provision for doing instruction set
translation. Therefore, it will only run on the standard Windows hardware
(x86).

  Given your description of the problem, it sounds like the site you are
trying to access might be determining its content by examining the string
that your browser uses to announce itself. You may be able to fool the
site by using a browser that allows you to change that string. You might
try using Opera, as I know that the x86-linux version allows you to report
to servers that you are using IE on Windows. There may be a similar option
for the PPC version.

Good luck,
Mike