PCMCIA cards

Christopher Brown yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jun 23 10:09:01 2004

> I need some recommendations folks.  I need to get two PCMCIA cards and I
> want to hear about any compatibility issues you know about.  I need to get
> a USB 2.0 card (preferably one with Firewire as well).  Would also like to
> get a WiFi card (PCMCIA no AirPort on my Wallstreet).  Bascially I want to
> hear from other users as to what brands/model numbers they have been able
> to get working.

Jason,
You should search the lists for PCMCIA in May and June of this year. I had
the same question as did at least one other person. After the good folks on
this list responded to me I was able to get a card and get it running with
no real problems.

Try these posts:
<http://lists.terrasoftsolutions.com/pipermail/yellowdog-general/2004-May/0
13621.html>
<http://lists.terrasoftsolutions.com/pipermail/yellowdog-general/2004-May/0
13625.html>

This is from a response that I gave to another person earlier this month:
----
I just bought a Lucent Orinoco Silver 802.11b pcmcia card and it works like
a charm. $35/ebay.
After you pop it in, change your  /etc/sysconfig/pcmcia to:
PCMCIA=yes
PCIC=i82365
PCIC_OPTS=
CORE_OPTS=