modprobe cannot load module usbcore.o

Zugwrack yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jun 24 11:30:02 2004

Hi all...Clint thanks for the reply in newbies... Ok I am just about
there....however after install and reboot it is trying to load
usbcore.o...after this fails it attempts to continue until it errors
on usbdevkbd(I think) Looks like since it can't load the main module
for USB devices to work it can't setup the keyboard? At this point it
just dies...

Is there a way I can boot back to one of the YDL 3.0.1 cds and access
/var/log and get it onto a floppy so that I might be able and post it
to get further help from anyone here? I have a USB floppy attached.

Why would it not be able to load this module since as we know  Macs
use USB  for keyboards, mice, and many other peripherals?

Not everyone may have read my first post so here is what my system is
comprised ot.

2nd generation Powermac G4 dual 1.0ghz, 512 meg ram, firewire western
digital hard drive 250 gigs, IBM internal hard drive 80gig, external
firewire DVD burner LaCie(not turned on during install) 17" Studio
Display, Macally USB floppy drive, etc.

BTW I could not get the install to do more than show a blue background
with yellow text indicating YDL Linux....this was just hitting
enter(and trying to include the video parameters at startup)...what I
did do was to install text and it went through just fine...