G4 PPC Support for printers

Norberto Quintanar yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jun 24 13:28:01 2004

--- Shaun Bokowski <rattant@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> I sure miss Debian and doing apt-get on my other computer. Got a
> PPC G4
> eMac Mac OS X 10.2.4
> and would like to know if I do an install using YDL if it installs
> printer support smoothly. Is YDL similiar
> to Debian or just the same.
>
> Thanks,
> Michael Bokowski

It'll depend on your printer and what type of connection you're going
to use.  I've used tcp/ip printing with HP printer models 2100 &
4100TN, no problem.  But have never been able to use a USB printer.
Now in CUPS defense, If it didn't work immediately I always found
another option, i.e. tcp/ip.  As far as using apt-get goes, you still
can, and thank god.  Because my yum "program" was hosed recently I
"discovered" apt-get. At the following link is all you'll need to get
it working on YDL.

http://apt.freshrpms.net/

Good luck

NQ