YDL 4

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jun 25 17:33:01 2004

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004, Norberto Quintanar wrote:

> --- Jason Warm <> wrote:
> > Just wondering if anyone out there has any info on YDL 4.  Good
> > points
> > would be when will it be released and what are the improvements
> > over
> > 3.0.1.
> >
> > --
> > Jason Warm
>
> I really don't know any news on YDL4, but I hope whatever they are it
> includes yum.  When it works, it works great, but when it gets hosed,
> it gets hosed.  And shy of reinstalling everything I have yet to find
> a solution to yum getting hosed.

I thought they were supposed to release in mid June (almost July soon).
My guess is that they are trying to get full 64bit support (i.e
kernel/userland) is available for the powermac G5 (I use Gentoo on my G5
and they haven't come too far with pure 64bit support on the G5 - I still
use 32bit kernel/userland).
I guess they want to also get the G5 xserve to are more stable state before
releasing YDL 4.0.

Just my opinions. Feel free to comment.