yellowdog-general digest, Vol 1 #1596 - 8 msgs

Zugwrack yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Jun 27 11:45:01 2004

Shaun..there are a couple ways you can do it... I opted for booting my
OS X install disk, deleting my existing install of OS X
(10.2.4)...went into disk utility and created 2 partitions...installed
OS X on the second(60 gig) partition and left 20gig free space.
Booted to YDL I had to use " install text" to get the installer to
continue... I also had problems with it not booting correctly after
install...the bootloader that YDL installed worked, but it would hang
on boot...I got it to work by not configuring X to start at boot..then
went in and configured XFree after I was booted into YDL(there is a
script to auto configure X).

If you are familiar with "parted" that is on the Gentoo PPC boot cd
you could boot to it...it can resize your partition to let you free up
space . Then install...I don't know anyone who has done this...rather
that hosing my partition I just did it as listed in step 1 above.

Good luck and welcome to the mailing list..

Zugwrack