yaboot boots os x, not linux, b&w g3

Jeffrey Bruton yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jun 30 20:32:00 2004

yaboot will boot os x, but if I type an "l" at the prompt it prints the
following

/pci@8000000/pci-bridge@d/Ultra-Tek100P@4/0,0:2,/bootvmlinux-2.4.22-2f:
Unable to open file, Invalid device.

I used carbon copy cloner to clone my working os x to the drive
attached to the Ultra-Tek ide controller, it booted just fine. For some
reason it would not work for yaboot.

I repartitioned my main drive, allocating free space for the apple
bootstrap partition and the rest to os x, cloned os x back, installed
ydl, seemed to go fine. I have been reading about openfirmware, but
this seems to be a yaboot problem, no? I am left with a "boot:" prompt.
I am confused as to what path might be appropriate here, or what other
steps to take. I did manage to provide a pdisk dump below (something
new to me, cool)

jbg3:~ jb$ sudo pdisk /dev/rdisk0 -dump
/dev/rdisk0  map block size=512
    #:                 type name                  length   base      (
size )
    1:  Apple_partition_map Apple                     63 @ 1
    2:      Apple_Bootstrap untitled                2048 @ 64        (
1.0M)
    3:           Apple_Free Extra                 268288 @ 2112
(131.0M)
    4:            Apple_HFS Apple_HFS_Untitled_3 119832784 @ 270400    (
57.1G)
    5:           Apple_Free Extra                     16 @ 120103184

Device block size=512, Number of Blocks=120103200
DeviceType=0x0, DeviceId=0x0

jbg3:~ jb$ sudo pdisk /dev/rdisk1 -dump
/dev/rdisk1  map block size=512
    #:                 type name                 length   base     (
size )
    1:  Apple_partition_map Apple                    63 @ 1
    2:      Apple_UNIX_SVR2 untitled           22240448 @ 64       (
10.6G)
    3:      Apple_UNIX_SVR2 swap                3144960 @ 22240512 (
1.5G)

Device block size=512, Number of Blocks=25385472
DeviceType=0x0, DeviceId=0x0