Yaboot.conf advice

Rich Stanton yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Mar 2 09:12:01 2004

Hi,

I recently updated my ydl3 setup to the latest 2.4 kernel (2.4.20-8e) using
yum.  However the install went a bit awry with the result that yaboot wasn't
updated & there were some duplicated entries in yaboot.conf.  Can someone
tell me whether this looks like a reasonable yaboot.conf - I've erased the
duplicated lines that the failed update put in - before I update yaboot &
reboot :)  My root partition is /dev/hda3 & this is a powerbookG3 with
333MHz processor if that's any help.  The /usr/lib/yaboot/yaboot & ofboot
files exist & have permissions rw-r-r.  The vmlinux files both exist.

boot=/dev/hda2
device=/pci@80000000/mac-io@10/ata-3@20000/disk@0:
init-message="Welcome to Yellow Dog Linux!\nHit <TAB> for boot options.\n\n"
partition=3
timeout=30
install=/usr/lib/yaboot/yaboot
magicboot=/usr/lib/yaboot/ofboot