screen sessions over ssh from OSX

peter yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Mar 2 21:33:02 2004

--Apple-Mail-3--950261034

I'm connecting to my YDL box upstairs (which I'm installing stuff on)
from my OSX laptop downstairs via ssh in the OSX Terminal.app program.
the behavior i'm encountering is that the screen session scrollback
doesn't get 'sent' to the OSX Terminal program (i.e. i can't use the
scrollbar to look at the scrollback). i know i can look at the
scrollback by using the 'C-a esc' combination, but is there any way to
also have screen display the scrollback in such a way that i could use
the OSX Terminal scrollbar to look at it? or is this a function of the
Terminal.app program?

thanks,
peter

peter weber                    "To know that we know what we know,
N9AZ                           and that we do not know what we do
falc@mac.com                   not know, that is true knowledge."
                                                         -Confucius

--Apple-Mail-3--950261034

I'm connecting to my YDL box upstairs (which I'm installing stuff on)
from my OSX laptop downstairs via ssh in the OSX Terminal.app program.
the behavior i'm encountering is that the screen session scrollback
doesn't get 'sent' to the OSX Terminal program (i.e. i can't use the
scrollbar to look at the scrollback). i know i can look at the
scrollback by using the 'C-a esc' combination, but is there any way to
also have screen display the scrollback in such a way that i could use
the OSX Terminal scrollbar to look at it? or is this a function of the
Terminal.app program?

thanks,

peter

<fixed><bigger>

peter weber                    "To know that we know what we know,

N9AZ                           and that we do not know what we do

falc@mac.com                   not know, that is true knowledge."

                                                        -Confucius

</bigger></fixed>
--Apple-Mail-3--950261034--