g4 450 hardware help

Mike Parson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Mar 3 10:30:01 2004

Not YDL specifically, but I am (was?) running YDL 3.0.1 on this box...

While I was shifting things around in my cube at work , I tipped the G4
over on it's side while it was running and it locked up.  Now, it won't
boot up.   Hitting the power-button will turn on the lights, spin up the
fans, etc, but you never get the happy little chime that you're supposed
to hear when a Mac POSTs.

The old command-option-P-R-power trick does the same thing, but no cycling
and PRAM clearing like I'd expect out of old Mac hardware.

I've pushed the little button on the motherboard next to the battery.

I've pulled all the cards and RAM and re-seated them.

I've got a dead MAC, nothing on the screen.

Any pointers?

--
Michael Parson
mparson@bl.org