gaim 0.75

Olaf Olson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Mar 4 18:16:02 2004

Thanks, Matthias.

Before I asked the question that was foremost in my mind, "How do I use
the link to install GAIM 0.75," I decided to check out the link
http://ayo.freshrpms.net.

That link is timing out, without connecting. I connected to
freshrpms.net, but clicking the YellowDog link results in no connection.
I'm guessing it's only a temporary thing and it will eventually be up
again. Will there be enough instructions there that a newbie can figure
out what to do, or will I be contacting you again for more advice?

I'm UNIX literate, having worked with HP, Sun, and SGI off and on for
the past 20 years, but this is my first foray into Linux and I have
never done much in the way of compiling or replacing kernels, except via
proprietary software on each of the platforms. I suspect that many of
the tools being discussed here do what those did and it's only a matter
of time to find out how they work. It's still slow, though.

Anyway, I'll check back and see when it's running again.

Thanks

Olaf