XMMS and the good old no audio on Audio CD playback issue

lucas yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Mar 5 09:01:01 2004

Hi list.

I sent an email about a week ago (I think) asking this question but the
mail server kidnapped my email since

I sent it with an incorrect email address.

Well can't seem to get CDs to play on my iBook G3 800. I am aware that
new world macs don't have the audio

cable that comes from the player so the audio should be decoded from the
cd itself.

So I tried XMMS. Enable Audio CD Reader (0.11b) and disable CD Audio
Player (1.2.7). When I play nothing

happens. The CD is not even being accessed. I see XMMS do some flashy
text effect, like is it went through a

list of names very fast (in the player display) and then nothing
happens. No errors or nothing.

If I enable CD Audio Player I can hear the CD being accessed but no
audio (either with CD Reader on or off).

I tried all the output plug-ins, but the problem's not there.

Does anyone have any ideas?

The XMMS version I have is the one that comes with Sirius (3.0.1). This
one I didn't build myself so this

time it wasn't my fault. ;)

Thank you.

lucas.