Troubles updating

Beartooth yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Mar 6 11:08:00 2004

I got yum update to run on FC1, against mirror.cc.vt and then suddenly
suddenly recalled I hadn't updated Jo's G3 iBook with YDL3.0 since they
were having troubles I didn't understand, about the time we moved house --
nine months back.

        Not finding any YDL mirror at mirror.cc nor raven, I just tried
running yum update as root as is, with some address at ydl.net or
terrasoft. It kept hanging, and when I interrupted it usually complained
of an MD5 sum error, and wanted me to run yum clean -- over, and over, and
over, especially after I did finally succeed (I think) in getting all the
headers.

        Do I need to update the updater first again? Use a different
mirror? Or what? Is the mirror (or whatever it's called) at ydl.net having
troubles?

--
Beartooth Implacable <karhunhammas (at) lserv.com>
gnarled gamma geek w/ FC1, RH9, YDL3, & attitude