RealTek 8169 Gigabit NIC?

Corbett Battaile yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Mar 6 19:53:07 2004

Hello all. I have a shiny new Sonnet Presto Gigabit ethernet card, which
apparently uses a RelTek RTL8169 chip. I'm trying to install it into a B&W
G3 running YDL 3.0.

I compiled the r8169.o driver provided by RealTek, installed the driver,
and loaded it into my kernel. The latter step yields several "unresolved
symbol" errors for calls that appear to be used in other functioning
drivers. The card does not function with the driver loaded, and the kernel
hangs (but doesn't panic...) soon after loading the driver. With the driver
installed, kudzu finds the card and attempts to configure it, but with the
same dismal results.

Anyway, has anyone tried/managed to get this card/chip working under YDL?
Anyone have a working r8169.o driver for PPC? Or even a precompiled kernel
with r8169 support? Any recommendations for other gigabit cards that ARE
supported by default in the 2.4.20 kernel?

Thanks,

 Corbett Battaile ccbatta@sandia.gov  Phn:505-844-7039 Fax:505-844-9781