mozilla won't start

Abre Chase yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Mar 9 10:28:01 2004

Try blowing away your .mozilla directory in your home directory.

You could also try launching into the ProfileManager:

mozilla -ProfileManager=20

- Abre Chase

-----Original Message-----
From: yellowdog-general-admin@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
[mailto:yellowdog-general-admin@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com] On Behalf
Of peter
Sent: Monday, March 08, 2004 6:18 PM
To: yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Subject: mozilla won't start

I've searched the archives and have seen this problem raised before, but
can't find an answer to it there, so here goes... I'm having trouble
with mozilla; it just won't run. When invoke it from the command line,
either by using the command mozilla, mozilla-bin, run-mozilla.sh, all of
those run with the full path prepended and about a zillion (give or
take) variations, i just get nothing. well, not
*quite* nothing. when i run mozilla -splash, i get the mozilla splash
screen, *then* i get nothing. :-) no errors at the command line, no core
dumps, and nothing in any log files that i can find. i've tried erasing
and reinstalling the packages using yum, nodice. i've tried installing
newer versions of mozilla (like the 1.7a version that was mentioned in
another recent thread), and that doesn't even give me the splash screen
like the yum-provided package does. ideas? suggestions?
thanks,
peter