Trackpad

Yong Chong yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Mar 9 23:24:01 2004

Norberto,

Thanks for the advice.  I added all the lines as you suggested but no dice.
I still have the same problem. So I look on the list, which I should have
done earlier, and found this advice:

Here is a possible culprit: pbbuttonsd.  This is one daemon I know of
that controls the behaviour of the trackpad.  Version 0.14 I mean,
older versions did not feature any trackpad controls.  So, I was
thinking that you might have upgraded to 0.14 (through the upgrade to
YDL 2.2, although I seem to recall that my 2.2 used to feature an
older version) and voila, here comes a new thing that has some opinion
about your tapping.

Being a newbie, I need advice on what this means.  Can you give a clue about
pbbuttonsd other that what is one the YDL web site and how I can change it?

Thanks,
Yong

-----Original Message-----
From: yellowdog-general-admin@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
[mailto:yellowdog-general-admin@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com]On Behalf Of
Norberto Quintanar
Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 7:19 AM
To: yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Subject: (no subject)

Yong Chong wrote:
Sorry for the cross post but I did not get a response back from the
newbie's list.  I have a PowerBook G4 loaded with YDL 3.0.1.  I am
having a problem with the trackpad.  It is responding to my tap as a
right-click.  I have the option for trackpad to notap.  Right now,
the right-click is happening in KDE.  I don't know if it is also
doing when in text mode.  Is there some way to turn of the tap in
KDE?  I really need to have this turned off in KDE.  It has already
changed my desktop in a way that I don't like and cannot find a way
to undo it.  Any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Yong
---End of what Yong wrote------------
Yong,
I shut off the trackpad click-functionality by running trackpad notap
as root.  Do this next time you boot into the command line.  To
disable this "permanently," add the following line to:

/etc/rc.d/rc.local:

/usr/bin/trackpad notap

Also, to stop trackpad tap from starting every time you wake from
sleep, make a copy of /etc/power/pwrctl called pwrctl-local , and
under:

  wakeup)  add the lines:
  trackpad notap
  ;;

make sure you add the ;; under trackpad notap, or your system will
behave VERY strangely after waking up.
Good luck!
Norberto