PPC or i386 ?

Dan Kahmann yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Mar 10 06:27:01 2004

------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8

I know this is probably a really dumb think to ask (I should know better !?)
but here it is -
When building from source ( any app ) with YDL , must you use a source
that is specifically for PPC , or can you use any source (linux) ?

If you must use PPC sources, then might there be a tool to help convert
the i386 to PPC , or does it require a complete re-write of the source ?

As this is my first experience with apple/mac , I just don't know that much about them,
except that there is alot of differences btween the Motorolla PPC's and any Intel based
processors...

T/c
Dan

Dan Kahmann
dkah197@earthlink.net
Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.
------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8

<HTML style="FONT-SIZE: x-small; FONT-FAMILY: MS Sans Serif"><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1251">
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2600.0" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<P>
<DIV>I know this is probably a really dumb think to ask (I should know better !?) </DIV>
<DIV>but here it is -</DIV>
<DIV>When building from source ( any app ) with YDL , must you use a source</DIV>
<DIV>that is specifically for PPC , or can you use any source (linux)&nbsp;?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>If you must use PPC sources, then might there be a tool to help convert </DIV>
<DIV>the i386 to PPC , or does it require a complete re-write of the source ?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>As this is my first experience with apple/mac , I just don't know that much about them, </DIV>
<DIV>except that there is alot of differences btween the Motorolla PPC's and any Intel based</DIV>
<DIV>processors...</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>T/c </DIV>
<DIV>Dan</DIV>