So the kicker is....

Geert Janssens yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Mar 11 10:02:01 2004

Ray Auge wrote:
<snip>
> What I wanted to demonstrate with my 2 cents (which after further
> consideration, was like throwing mud onto Geert Janssens' most eloquent
> explanation) was simply to "keep your eyes peeled" for that package you
> just build, but, that for some reason does not work as expected.

Hey, I didn't feel any mud thrown :-)

On the contrary, I found your additional comments quite supporting of my
own explanations.

I do admit, that reading my own text, it seems as if we're doomed for
using PPC. Luckily the truth is less gloomy: quite a lot of programs
currently are mature enough to have dealt with endian issues.

So my last word on this would be: go out and try the source rpms you're
interested in, but always first test them with data that can safely be
wrecked or destroyed. (Like data that you just backed up before, or
created for the purpose of testing only).

So there I go. I shut up now as well ;-)

Cheers

Geert