dmasound module

Kenneth Browne yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Mar 11 20:58:01 2004

Thomas Carlson wrote:
> I have been running YDL 3.0 on my Powermac 9500 since last fall but
> haven't been able to get sound to work.  With  YDL 2.3 the dmasound
> module seemed to load just fine, but now modprobe dmasound gives me,
> "Can't locate module dmasound" even though it sits there just as nice as
> can be:
> /lib/modules/2.4.20-8e/kernel/drivers/sound/dmasound/dmasound_core.o
> How can I load  that particular module with out having to recompile the
> kernel?

If you come up with something post it to the list. I've got the same
problem with my PPC5500/225 (w/Sonnet G3). I've been getting regular
replies in newsgroup comp.os.linux.powerpc but so far no sound. I have
had intermittent sound, during startup sort of a ta da da da ta da but
even that seemed to get clipped at the end. For a while I could click
the "test sound" button and heard something, but now I'm getting no
sound at all.

--
clacking the keys in Old Sturbridge Village, MA

A jury consists of12 persons chosen to decide who has the better lawyer.
-- Robert Frost