PBButtons update for YDL 3.0.1

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Mar 12 06:56:00 2004

Mr. Papier:

Laurent Papier wrote:
> I have build RPM packages for lastest version of
> pbbuttonsd and pbbutons-gtk.

Okay, I was so excited by your post to the list, that I immediately
downloaded all your packages.

> I have also package PowerPrefs, a nice GUI for configuring pbbuttonsd.

This is absolutely marvelous. Thank you! Not only does PowerPrefs give a
GUI to the many PowerBook-specific features, but it actually gives me
insight into what, exactly, is configured by the various control buttons
(for instance, the volume button actually calls /dev/mixer -- I never
knew that).

Nice job!

> If like me, you want to use the new MacOSX theme of pbbutons-gtk, you just
> have to upgrade pbbutonsd and pbbuttons-gtk RPM.

Unfortunately, this is where I had problems. I downloaded
pbbuttonsd-0.5.9-1.ppc.rpm [85K] and
pbbuttons-gtk-0.6.2-1.ppc.rpm [292K]. The two packages seem to depend on
each other in such a way that RPM will not install either.

After logging in as root, I typed "rpm -Uvh pbbuttonsd-0.5.9-1.ppc.rpm".
I got an error: "Failed dependencies: pbbuttonsd = 0.5.2 is needed by
(installed) pbbuttons-gtk-0.5.2-1b".

After typing "rpm -Uvh pbbuttons-gtk-0.6.2-1" I got the error: "Failed
dependencies: pbbuttonsd >= 0.5.9 is needed by pbbuttons-gtk-0.6.2-1".

How should I proceed?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work!!!!!!

Best wishes,
Clint