PBButtons update for YDL 3.0.1

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Mar 12 08:21:00 2004

Mr. Papier:

Laurent Papier wrote:
> try to upgrade both packages in a single rpm invocation:
> rpm -Uvh pbbuttonsd-0.5.9-1.ppc.rpm pbbuttons-gtk-0.6.2-1.ppc.rpm pbbuttons-powerprefs-0.4.3-1.ppc.rpm

Thank you -- that worked perfectly.

However, now I have two (probably related) problems. [1] pbbuttonsd and
pmud are no longer started on a reboot, and [2] when I have started them
manually, they work, but no longer throw up the nice GUI windows showing
increasing or decreasing volume (for instance). Is there some way for me
to re-enable the GUI?

On the other hand, powerprefs is marvelous. It even allowed me to map
F12 to open my CD-ROM drive. Sweet!

Thank you for all your help.

Best wishes,
Clint