PBButtons update for YDL 3.0.1

Laurent Papier yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Mar 12 09:55:02 2004

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 09:35:45 -0600
Clinton MacDonald <clint.macdonald@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Mr. Papier:
>
> Clinton MacDonald wrote:
> > However, now I have two (probably related) problems. [1] pbbuttonsd and
> > pmud are no longer started on a reboot, and [2] when I have started them
> > manually, they work, but no longer throw up the nice GUI windows showing
> > increasing or decreasing volume (for instance). Is there some way for me
> > to re-enable the GUI?
>
> Okay, now it works. :-/ After I started the pbbuttonsd and pmud
> services, logged out and logged back in, I saw the nice GUI images. And,
> I see you have used the nice white Mac OS X-style indicators for volume
> and brightness. Very cute.

pbbuttonsd init script is not re-enable after an upgrade (the original
package doesn't handle upgrade smoothly).

In fact, the smoother way to upgrade is:
backup your /etc/pbbuttonsd.conf file.
rpm -e pbbuttonsd pbbutons-gtk
rpm -i pbbuttonsd-0.5.9-1.ppc.rpm pbbuttons-gtk-0.6.2-1.ppc.rpm
rpm -i pbbuttons-powerprefs-0.4.3-1.ppc.rpm

To use the newer GTKPBButtons, you have to restart X11.

Laurent
--
They told me I needed WIN95 or better ... so I chose GNU/Linux!