Best html editor?

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Mar 17 16:40:01 2004

On Thursday 18 March 2004 08:34, Francis X. Maier wrote:
> Probably already covered and debated endlessly -- but what are the best
> candidates for a YDL friendly html editor?  I tried Bluefish under
> Debian a year ago, but I'm coming from a Dreamweaver world on a Mac.
>
> Thanks for any nominations, and reasons why.

Without hesitation -- Quanta Plus 3.2.1 is not only the best HTML editor I've
ever used, it's also my single favorite piece of software on ANY platform!
No kidding.  I hate using Dreamweaver on my Mac these days.  For me, Quanta
is like Photoshop for web code editing (including html, css, perl, php, etc).

Only problem: since Yellow Dog seems to only update their binaries once every
30 years or so, you'll have to compile the latest 3.2.1 from source, and
you'll need at least KDE 3.2 libraries to do it.

: : : DataFly.Net : : :
Industrial-Strength Web Hosting
http://www.datafly.net