Best html editor?

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Mar 17 17:58:01 2004

Mr. Maier:

Francis X. Maier wrote:
> On Thursday 18 March 2004 08:34, Francis X. Maier wrote:
> Probably already covered and debated endlessly -- but what are the best
> candidates for a YDL friendly html editor?  I tried Bluefish under
> Debian a year ago, but I'm coming from a Dreamweaver world on a Mac.
>
> Thanks for any nominations, and reasons why.

The other nominations are great. However, to start a page from scratch,
I always use the WYSIWYG composer built into Mozilla:

Start Mozilla, and select New -> Composer Page (cntrl-shift-N) from the
File menu. Or, for extra credit, you can type "mozilla -compose &" from
the command line. Once you have the basics of the page arranged, you can
tweak it using one of the other fine programs suggested in this thread.

Good luck!

Best wishes,
Clint