(no subject)

Geoffrey S. Mendelson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Mar 20 10:04:02 2004

Thomas Carlson wrote:
> I have pretty much given up trying to print to my Epson SP 750 printer
> through the printer port of my Powermac 9500.  The Redhat printer
> configuration utility  in YDL 3.0 simply doesn't recognize the
> /dev/ttyS1 serial port, no way, no how.  And, if the lack of response
> to my query on this issue a few weeks ago is any indication, that's
> been the experience of most everyone else, too.  My next thought is to
> install a USB card into one of the 9500's PCI slots.  Could anyone out
> there suggest a particular card that they have had success with?

Sorry, I must have missed the question. CUPS is your friend. CUPS will print
on to almost anything you can make a connection to. The problem is that
RedHat's printer config scripts are just about worthless.

I'll resend my posting on how to do it.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm@mendelson.com
I've watched "The Passion". It's the worst version of MacBeth I've ever seen.