[Off topic] Re: Mac OS X

Ed Sutherland yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Mar 22 06:51:01 2004

Norberto Quintanar wrote:

>When it comes to the major players being able to get the job done, a
>lot of major corporations are using Linux.  Is it easy to set up your
>home printer? Nope, it is not.  Is it easy to use when you're keeping
>track of multi-million dollars of transactions a day? Yes.  Who do
>you think is going to get the support/ business?  Hint - NOT the guy
>who can't set up his printer.

It's cool if Linux wants to chase the big corporate dollars over the
home consumer or small business. The operating system won't expand
beyond its IT-intensive niche and into the general (and extremely
lucrative) desktop market, but that's cool. Everyone has to make a decision.

I do agree with the thought that locking yourself into a particular file
format (such as Microsoft Word)  could spell disaster  in the far
distant future.

Ed