help booting CD ROM ... over and over...and over again

Norberto Quintanar yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Mar 22 19:37:02 2004

--- ghannon@cspi.com wrote:

> There is a legitimate problem with booting the 3.0.1  CD on a G5.
> I've written to TerraSoft to say that they should at least
> acknowledge this on this list, even if there is not a solution yet.
>
> It's not that the CD was not produced/downloaded/burned wrong or
> anything like that.  It's not a usage problem; holding down the
> C key is fairly straight-forward.
>
> One by one people are getting their G5's, some may work and others
> may not and until what is wrong is figured out this list will be
> the place
> where
> dialogue takes place.    If we can't get past the CD won't boot
> stage,
> that's
> what the emails will be about.
>
> This is not a manual issue.
> It's not a Toast issue.  (Media-check is OK, installed on a G4
> system )
> It just may well be another NVidia issue.
> A Ben H kernel may be required before this one is put to rest.
>
> I would gladly buy someone a Pizza and a beer if they could get
> an install CD to work in my G5 system.
> (Mountain Dew if you're underage.)
>
> Gary Hannon

If your OS X is set to any rez other than 800x600 resolution, the YDL
installer won't boot and produces a kernel panic. Setting the
resolution in OSX to 800x600 resolved this issue.

Good luck!

Norberto Quintanar
--http://www.geocities.com/nquintanar