re Hard for individuals to install their printer driver in Linux (Norberto Quintanar)

richard yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Mar 23 12:17:01 2004

Guys, I hate to but into such a deep philosophical conversation, but
speaking as someone who moved to Mac because PC was giving him grey
hairs, I managed to load the sourceforge alpha 5.0 distribution driver
( http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=136002 ) for
a 4 year old Canon printer on OSX 10.3 which none of the commercial
sites could supply me and it was easy, whereas turboprint hung and
their support refused to answer my letters, and Driverguide.com had
nothing.

And yes, I am an aggie, a plant person, not a computer science grad, so
this is not because of any intrinsic expertise or special skills.

And oh yeah, the alpha seems to work.

Richard Smiley