Tkinter python module

Greg Hamilton yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Mar 23 22:11:01 2004

Do you have the file /usr/lib/python2.2/lib-dynload/_tkinter.so and the
directory /usr/lib/python2.2/lib-tk (should contain lots of Tk related
Python source and byte-code files)?

If not then you have a build of Python without Tk, which is unlikely
because it's a standard module. If so try using yum to remove and
re-install Python.

If the files are present then Python has a problem resolving modules.
Check the value of sys.path.

$ python
Python 2.2.2 (#1, Mar  5 2003, 20:26:26)
[GCC 3.2.2 20030217 (Yellow Dog Linux 3.0 3.2.2-2a)] on linux2
 >>> import sys
 >>> sys.path
['', '/usr/lib/python2.2', '/usr/lib/python2.2/plat-linux2',
'/usr/lib/python2.2/lib-tk', '/usr/lib/python2.2/lib-dynload',
'/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages',
'/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/PIL',
'/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/gtk-2.0']

Python will search the current directory and then each of the dirs in
the sys.path list trying to find the module you're trying to import.
You should see the path to lib-tk included there.