Gentoo not just from source

Stefan Bruda yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Mar 24 19:31:02 2004

At 09:48 +1100 on 2004-3-25 Greg Hamilton wrote:

 > I asked about the Fedora PPC RPMs awhile ago. The reply from Dan
 > Burcaw at Terra Soft was
 >
 > "Just recognize that the Fedora stuff isn't at all tested.. and not
 > intended for Mac machines. We'll be provided at some point soon a
 > development tree based on Fedora with YDL modifications and
 > Macintosh-specific improvements."

Some work though.  In fact, most of them work if you rebuid them from
SRPMs.  Case in point, I solved the issue of somehow dated YDL GCC
(pretty bad at generating Altivec code) as follows:

[bruda@Titi ~]% gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 3.3.2 20040119 (Red Hat Linux 3.3.2-8)

[bruda@Titi ~]% rpm -qa | grep gcc | grep -v compat
gcc-3.3.2-8
libgcc-3.3.2-8
gcc-c++-3.3.2-8

All of these come from the Fedora repository.

Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.