FTP question

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Mar 24 20:46:01 2004

Ray:

Thank you for remembering my long-forgotten question!

Ray Auge wrote:
> PS: Dr. MacDonald if you're reading this, you can set the double-click
> behaviour in KDE by first going to the KDE Control Center (or type
> kcontrol from the command line) select Peripherals->Mouse, in the Icons
> pane select "Double-click to open files and folders". You can even set
> the delay.
>
> Hope that helps.

Unhappily, I must report that your solution does *not* solve my
complaint. Your solution changes the single- versus double-click
behavior of icons on the *desktop,* and is much appreciated. Now, I can
click on desktop icons in order to rearrange them on the desktop. :-)

However, what I really want to change is the click behavior in the
Konqueror file and Web browser, for which I have found no preference. As
a Web browser, single-clicking on an icon is expected to open the link,
and I have no problem with that. However, I (and many others, I imagine)
most often use Konqueror as a file browser. In this case, the behavior I
expect (and miss) is that a single click will select the icon (say,
before moving it to another directory), but that double-clicking is
required to open the file or directory. I cannot convince Konqueror to
see things my way.

I suppose that the ultimate answer is to download the source code for
Konqueror, study the commented code, make the changes I seek, recompile,
and release the new version to the open source community. I write that
with all the irony and dejection I can muster in this e-mail message. ;-)

But, thanks for even remembering!!!!!!

Best wishes,
Clint
(who thinks the cold medications are making him unusually chatty this
evening)