kernel installation issues

Ray Auge yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Mar 24 23:25:02 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-24 at 20:36 -0500, Derick Centeno wrote:

> A page full of warnings announcing that group nor user dburcaw exists.
These can  be ignored completely.

> Why does this process expect to have Dan exist on my machine??  But the
> very first line of these warnings state:
>
> warning: kernel-2.4.22-2g.src.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID
> aeb6b9c4
This mearly states that the security key indicated in the RPM was not
found in your key ring. If this is that last line, then there is not
problem, and the kernel did in fact get installed.

> Ok.  So what key do I need now so that I can proceed with installing the
> kernel?  Looking forward to an answer... Thanks.
First, to check that the kernel really is installed read the
file /etc/yaboot.conf, you should see li

All you must do now is: (as root and from the command line and provided
you are using yaboot)

]$ /usr/sbin/ybin

That's it, you should now be able to boot with the new kernel...

--
Ray Auge <rayauge@doublebite.com>