Is ftp.ydl.net down for access from YUM?

Ray Auge yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Mar 26 07:53:01 2004

On Fri, 2004-03-26 at 14:26 +0100, Geert Janssens wrote:

> Could it be you have more than one connection open to ftp.ydl.net ?
>
> Perhaps you have yum still running in another terminal, or another
> manual ftp connection. Or maybe yum died on you and left a connection open ?
>
> If not, I'd wait a while and try again.
>
> Cheers,
> Geert
>
> Rick_Thomas wrote:
> > When I try to do a "yum update" against ftp.ydl.net, I get
> >
> > 	421 There are too many connections from your Internet Address.

A note about open FTP connections. Mozilla (and other browsers) have
been know to hold FTP connections open longer than you would think. If
you ever run into this kind of "too many conncetions" issue, one simple
thing is to close your browser first (and any other FTP client for that
matter) then try to use yum.

(Not saying this is the problem, just a comment about it.)

Cheers