allowing ssh?

Larry Autry yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Mar 26 12:13:01 2004

> From: Nathan Moore <nmoore@physics.umn.edu>
> Date: 2004/03/26 Fri PM 12:56:21 CST
> To: yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
> Subject: allowing ssh?
>
> Have YDL 2.3 installed on an old Beige G3.  Would like to be able to
> allow ssh to that machine from the outside world.
>
> At present, when I try to ssh to the Beige G3 (hostname similar to
> mac469.ctc.um.edu) it I get message,
>
>  > ssh mac469.ctc.um.edu
> ssh: connect to host mac469.ctc.um.edu port 22: Connection refused
>
> I can ssh to the outside world from this Beige G3.
>
> I assume there's something in /etc that I have to change to allow
> incoming ssh?
>
> regards,
>
> Nathan
Have you set up a ".ssh" directory in your home directory of the target system and placed in it, the file "authorized_keys2"?

The putty application has excellent docs on how to configure it to use SSH. Even If you don't use Putty, the basics are the same.
Here's a link to one that is more to the point.
http://www.cs.uchicago.edu/docs/networking/putty

Larry Autry
larry.charter