Text Mode

Gavin yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Mar 28 00:28:02 2004

> Gavin wrote:
>>  I figured all the pico /etc/X11/XF86Config stuff and how to get there. =
My
>> only problem is when I try and go back to set the video in text mode....=
.
>> Well the only option you get in yaboot is =A9=F8Linux=A9=F7 there's no =A9=F8Linux s=
afe=A9=F7
>> or
>> =A9=F8linux-novideo=A9=F7. I=A9=F6ve tried CONTROL-OPTION and DEL  or  DELETE, but t=
hey
>> don=A9=F6t kill the X server. I=A9=F6m back to the black screen.
>>=20
>>  So how do I boot into text mode.

> Konstantin  wrote:
> Type "linux 3" at boot.

Thanks for the input, but "linux 3" did not work. That bloody black screen
of lovely nothingness came up again. Where my head should be.

When you do a fresh install of YDL 3.0.1 under install-safe, is there away
to have more options installed under yaboot  like "linux-f-ing-novideo" lol=

Thanks Gavin