Text Mode-HELP PLEASE

Gavin yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Mar 29 02:25:02 2004

> On Sun, Mar 28, 2004 at 12:29:44PM -0800, Gavin wrote:
>> I?ve done all the options I could find to boot in to text mode. All I get is
>> this for everything I enter under boot: Have a look here
>> http://arri.spymac.net/boot.gif This pic  I hope it will help you understand.
>
> From the yaboot prompt, when it says "press tab for boot options" or
> something along those lines...
>
> Hit tab and you should get a list of kernels that yaboot is configured
> to boot, type the name of one of them followed by the word 'single'
> at the : prompt, it might look something like this (this is all from
> memory, please forgive the inaccuracies) (this is also asuming a
> new-world mac):

> Press tab for options or wait for default
>
> yaboot: <tab>
>
> Linux    linux-2.4.18-5 some.thing.else
>
> yaboot: Linux single

Thanks for the input. You say press TAB. If you look at the link to the
image of my computer screen a gave http://arri.spymac.net/boot.gif you will
see that my only option is "linux" after I press TAB. If I try anything ells
it always says No such file or directory.

Did I do anything wrong when I installed for there only to be one option in
the yaboot?

Gav