basic things: rightclick and characters

Harald Nikolisin yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Mar 31 14:12:01 2004

> > 1. how can I perform a right click without connecting a mouse? In Mac OS
> > X I press CTRL+Trackpad Button..
>
> Take a look at this:
>
> <http://lists.terrasoftsolutions.com/pipermail/yellowdog-newbie/2003-August
>/004302.html>

thanks a lot, I'm happy with F11 :)

> > 3. Some global KDE shortcuts also not working? How can I switch the
> > virtual desktops?
>
> Try "ctrl-tab" and "shift-ctrl-tab." For a list of the shortcuts, choose
>    System Settings -> Control Center, and go to Regional & Accessibility
> -> Keyboard Shortcuts.

thanks again! Seems that I was confused :(  - but at least I can work now :))

nevertheless IMHO there something wrong with YDL + KDE. I use it since 1999
(x86 with SuSE Linux) and with YDL I have massive problems now:
1. I changed the language for my user account to german (yes, KDE i18n-german
is installed) -> nothings happens, some weird mechanism prevent KDE to switch
(I have to change it at the login-screen).
2. Under "System Settings -> Control Center -> Regional  Accessibility ->
Keyboard Shortcuts" I can see that most acce. are using the "Option" key ???
I cannot found this key.
3. ... -.> Keyboard Layout is also strange: I activated the keyboard
layouts .. but all country-symbols are in grey (but enabled), no country
symbol in color and no country symbol appears in the panel (KDE Kicker) after
choosing it.
The type of keyboard is 105keys intl (I have some doubts, but also have no
better idea).
4. Also the changes in .. -> Login Manager (with root permissions) has no
affect for the login screen.

It seems that YDL has manipulated KDE in that strength, that almonst the half
of the Control Center is useless? Only the settings in "Appearance" are still
working.

does anyone can give me some hints?
  harald

--
Microsoft is not the answer, it's the question.
And the answer is no.