Success! Install on 5500/250 Frankin Mac

Kenneth Browne yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon May 3 00:15:09 2004

nathan wrote:
>     Fellow Lister,
>
>     Just thought I would let those who are trying to install YDL on a 5xxx
> series mac it can be done!
>
>     I have successfully installed 3.0.1 on a Performa 5200cd w/ a 5500/250
> board swap. It took a bit to get everything installed, but it was worth it!

Nice going. I'm playing around with YDL 3.0.1 on a pair of 5500/225 with
Sonnet G3 upgrades. (Now I have an offer for up to 50 of these machines
for free from a local school system or they're going to the recycler.;-) )

I've had some problems but not with the initial install. Now I'm trying
to figure out how to use Resedit to alter an extension so the G3 upgrade
will load before BootX and I can (hopefully) get the extra processing
power working under YDL. So far it works as a G3 under Mac but as a 603e
under YDL.

--
clacking the keys in Old Sturbridge Village, MA

This Tagline will appear 1/2 hour later in Newfoundland