Firebird browser... Where can I get a YDL compatible version?

Geert Janssens yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed May 5 05:47:01 2004

Longman, Bill wrote:
>>>Does anybody want to convince me that Konqueror is better than Firefox?
>>
>>No, because it is not. :-)
>

> There's one super-mega-hyper-uber-groovy reason to use konqy: fish
>
> If you have an account on another machine and have ssh access to it you can
> do:
>
>   fish://remotehost/dir1/dir2
>
> and konqy will ask for your remote system password, open an ssh tunnel and
> list the directory for you.

This is a very nice trick indeed. Sure worth keeping Konqueror for.

But this is not a strength of Konqueror as a web browser, but rather a
surplus for using Konqueror as a file manager.

I also believe Konqueror is a very good file manager, but (at present) a
mediocre web browser.

Personally I use Mozilla for now, although I'm planning to move to the
Firefox/Thunderbird combination as soon as I have some time to actually
install and configure it.

Cheers,
Geert