Installing xine [was: Re: New Programs]

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed May 5 08:46:00 2004

At 16:04 +0200 on 2004-5-5 Matthias Saou wrote:

 > I'll probably be upgrading to 1.0.0rc4 and xine-ui 0.99.1 very soon
 > if there are no major ppc specific build problems encountered ;-)

Great, I look forward to having them on my YDL box (did I mention that
xine is my all-time favourite media player?).

You shouldn't have build problems, xine compiles like a charm--at
least it did so in my case (using GCC 3.3.2) so the latest and
greatest (or thereabouts) runs happily here:

    localhost root # emerge --pretend xine-lib xine-ui

    Calculating dependencies ...done!
    [ebuild   R   ] media-libs/xine-lib-1_rc4
    [ebuild   R   ] media-video/xine-ui-0.9.23-r2

Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.