Installing xine [was: Re: New Programs]

Bill Fink yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed May 5 16:55:03 2004

On Wed May 5 2004, Matthias Saou wrote:

> Bill Fink wrote :
>
> [...]
> > That should do it.  There are slightly newer versions of xine available
> > but the freshrpms versions are fairly recent and should work fine.
>
> I'll probably be upgrading to 1.0.0rc4 and xine-ui 0.99.1 very soon if there
> are no major ppc specific build problems encountered ;-)

They built fine for me.  For the benefit of others, it's very easy
to build xine from source:

	rpmbuild -ta xine-lib-1-rc4.tar.gz
	rpm -U /usr/src/rpm/RPMS/ppc/{libxine1,libxine1-devel}-1_rc4-0.ppc.rpm
	ldconfig
	rpmbuild -ta xine-ui-0.99.1.tar.gz
	rpm -U /usr/src/rpm/RPMS/ppc/xine-ui-0.99.1-1.ppc.rpm

That should do it assuming you have all the necessary developer tools
installed.

						-Bill